What is Korean Hand Therapy?
Korean Hand Therapy is a complete microsystem of acupuncture, similar to the concept of reflexology of the foot. It is an easy-to-use self-treatment option for many conditions, especially pain management. Using pressure points on the hand, pain in other areas of the body such as the back, neck, arms, legs and feet, can be reduced.
The basic things to know about Korean Hand Therapy are the following:
- To treat the right side of the body, use points on the right hand.
- To treat the left side of the body, use points on the left hand.
- To treat the back side of the body, use points on the back of the hand.
- To treat the front side of the body, use points on the palm side of the hand.
- Use the image above to determine which fingers or areas of the hand to use for each area of the body.
You will need:
- A pencil/pen/stylus with a pointed tip
- Your hands.
Example: Right Knee Pain – Pain on front of knee
- Place right hand palm side down on a flat surface like a tabletop.
- Take your pen/pencil/stylus and make a T with it over the middle knuckle of your little finger.
- Roll the pen/pencil/stylus over the finger near the knuckle until you find a tender spot.
- Take the tip of the pen and press firmly (but not hard enough to be unbearable) on multiple points near that tender area to find the most tender spot.
- Once you have located the most tender spot, press firmly with the tip of the pen and move the affected area (the right knee in this example) through its range of motion to assess pain. Maintain pressure with the pen while doing this.
- You should notice a decrease in the pain. If you don’t, repeat steps 4 and 5 at different tender points until pain decreases.
These rings are also a great, easy way to stimulate the pressure points mentioned above for Korean Hand Therapy! Call EastWest Acupuncture Clinic today and ask about our $15 Pain Bundle which includes an Acu Ring, pain patch, and CBD oil!